Tuesday 12 June 2012

Birthday Wishlist No.1 - Lomography


Ok, apologies for being A-whol recently, but finishing Uni and going on holiday will make that happen I'm afraid! 
It's my Birthday in October, which may seem a little early to start making a wish list, but seeing as its my 21st, these things need to be planned! 
Some of these wishes may be a bit unrealistic but it doesn't mean I still don't want them! 
First on the list is a Lomography camera.
These quirky cameras create amazing photography with different lenses and styles as well as coming in a range of funky colours and ranges, I love them!
Created by 2 students in Vienna after they found the Lomo Kompakt Automat (in 1991 - the year I was born, coincidence? I think not!) and the amazing photos it snapped, the Lomography company has come on leaps and bounds, even being sold in Urban Outfitters, which is probably not their greatest achievement but still! 
They created the world's first compact fisheye camera, The Fisheye. This creates a rounded circular effect, one of my favourites!
Price wise, its not exactly cheap, but the packages they do are amazing, and reasonable compared to a DSLR, they are not heavy, just simple little cameras, who pay homage to the times before technology took over!
The photos are disposable but can be scanned at a photo developers onto a disk which is a bonus.

Below are a few of my favourites and some amazing snaps that can be taken with these stylish snappers.
Fingers crossed I find one in my Birthday Bundle!

(All images taken from the Lomography website)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment is greatly appreciated. If you leave your blog link I'll be sure to stop by, thanks guys!