Thursday 21 June 2012

Nail It

If any of you have seen my Instagram, you might have guessed, I'm pretty obsessed with my nails at the moment. Boredom and any excuse for a creative outburst means I try and do them as much as poss. 
Despite my lack of funds (just paid for a week holiday in turkey- ouch) I have also recently purchased a 24 piece nail design set from eBay, so expect many more designs to come!
Here a few of my latest.

Everyone thought this colour splash design was stick on, but no! It's so easy to do as well, just dot randomly around your nails with different colours, filling in the gaps, until you have a fully covered colourful nail! 


This one was also real easy to do, start out with a base coat, I went with white, and sweep the brush diagonally across the nail to get this effect. I broke it up by using a crackle effect on one nail which really adds to the whole design. 


I did these simple metallic tips with a normal gold varnish to spice up the traditional manicure. 



And finally, I did this for the Motel Rocks Nail competition in association with Nail rocks. The theme was summer so I went with leopard print, a palm tree, daisies and tribal, using pastel base coats and decorating with different colours and the liquid eyeliner trick. I also wrote Motel Rocks just to butter them up a bit, the prize is clothes and nail wraps and it ends tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Like their Facebook Page for more competitions and offers like this.

2 comments:

  1. COOL love the last picture!!!!!
    you rock
    best
    http://marylovesthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the nail designs, I've followed :)


    sana xo
    http://www.styleandstarbucks.com

    ReplyDelete

Any comment is greatly appreciated. If you leave your blog link I'll be sure to stop by, thanks guys!