Tuesday 21 August 2012

Julian Hakes Mojito Heels


This is my love of the week, strangely found by my mum, a wacky one off design which was never even meant for the fashion world.
Julian Hakes has been kicking up a storm in the blogger network recently and if you don't already know who he is or what 'mojito heels' are, here is a little bio. 

He started out as an architect, but posted a rough draft picture of these heels on a design blog, where they went viral. 
After millions of views, plenty of baffled stylists, fashionistas and bloggers were scratching their heads over these futuristic pumps. 
Agencies got in contact and a model wanted a few pairs for a fashion show.
It soon dawned on Hakes that he might actually have to manifest these shoes into reality, and fast. Fashion waits for no one.
After 2 years, the design has been tested and perfected to create the sleek, elegant and light heels and his first collection was born!

Definitely designed for the fashion bold, I think these would be a pair that even Carrie Bradshaw was weary of, however they are an innovation into a new shoe generation and I think I speak for most of us when I say I wouldn't mind trying on a pair!

To find out more visit hakes.co.uk.









1 comment:

  1. Those heels are crazy! I love it! haha, great post, I can't wait to see more:)

    --The Urban Lioness
    www.theurbanlioness.com

    ReplyDelete

Any comment is greatly appreciated. If you leave your blog link I'll be sure to stop by, thanks guys!