Sunday 17 February 2013

Ombre Amigo

Ombre Amigo




Ombre, gradient, dip dye, whatever you want to call it, its sweeping the streets for S/S 13 and I couldnt be more excited about this trend, except I already have an inkling its going to be overused and get a bit sickly sweet by the end of the season, but lets just enjoy it for a bit. 
Getting really stuck into the 90's trend (a popular pastime for nineties kids was dying bedsheets cushions etc. for all you noughties out there), it started with nails, then went to hair (seriously considering it myself) and now (quite rightly) its all over the clothes. 
We've seen it a bit this season, but the look just doesnt scream winter, which is why its really hitting hard now with the 'new in's.
The bright colours and endless combo's of styles and hues gives great potential for some fun DIY's of which I hope to get involved in Easter when I'm back home in my craft room. (Check out ASOS marketplace for some cool ones in the meantime.)
As well as this, the newest edition is tie dye, which is following suit with the gradient trend.
Here is some mood board inspo above, the shorts and flip flops are making me more excited for some summer sun! 
This easy to wear, retro casual look is going to a big'n this summer, I can already picture the instagrammed festival looks featuring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment is greatly appreciated. If you leave your blog link I'll be sure to stop by, thanks guys!