Thursday 1 November 2012

My Great Great family


My Grandpa passed away in September 2011. 
Not the best way to start a post.
But a few weeks ago, his old desk was delivered to our house.
In it, wedged at the back, was this picture.
Dated approximately 1890, it shows my Great Grandpa and Great Grandma on their wedding day, surrounded by their families, including my Great Great Grandpa. 
Not only is it strange to see my ancestors all lined up, but I found the clothes fascinating.
It's not everyday you find a picture like this from your relatives past. I've only ever seen this type of photograph with this fashion in books or magazines.
The bonnets, the bustles, the flowers, the ruffles, quite well dressed aren't they?
A little piece of my history on paper.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment is greatly appreciated. If you leave your blog link I'll be sure to stop by, thanks guys!