Wednesday 11 April 2012

Office Girl

 For the past three weeks I have been doing a bit of work experience in a couple of offices. I don't have a very smart wardrobe so when I found out the dress code was 'smart-casual' I hit a bit of a dilemma. Despite my lack of pencil skirts and fitted suits in my closet, I do have a good selection of blazers. Whilst putting outfits together I realised how easy it is to smarten up a look with the add of a blazer. Below are a few pictures (rubbish Photo Booth quality) of some of my office looks with three different blazers from my wardrobe. I actually got snapped in the top one for a street style blogger so I'm guessing the look worked!

 I teamed my shiny black Topshop Skinnies with a Blanco printed top and my black blazer.
 I chose coloured burgundy Topshop jeans with a simple black top and my cotton pink blazer.
 Finally, I put my blue H and M jeans with a navy top with my tweed H and M blazer.
 Simple Black 
 Drape Pale Cotton
Dashing Tweed

I created this mood board (below) on the Polyvore website to highlight a few of my favourite blazers of the season. I went for the two biggest shades that are trending, Bold & Pastels with a mixture of stand out tones from each.
 Topshop, Zara and H and M all have a great selection all at good value so even if your not strutting round the office photocopying things, I think a blazer is a must have for this spring/summer. Its easy to co ordinate and it's something light to slip over any outfit. Office Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment is greatly appreciated. If you leave your blog link I'll be sure to stop by, thanks guys!