Friday 30 March 2012

Wear Britain


The Queens Jubilee and the Olympic hype is hitting the high street. Now is the time to be proud to be British! Special events like these only come around so often, so of course we have to do what we do best and celebrate in style! Its the Royal wedding all over again with shops such as Primark, Next, New Look and Selfridges stacking the shelves with Union Jacks! Events like these don't happen in an instant, so its no wonder fashion has taken a patriotic hit! The usual gifts are knocking about, wigs, umbrellas, mugs phone covers, but if you don't want to dress head to toe in Rule Britannia, here are a few kitschy gadgets to really get into the English Spirit!

www.newlook.com
www.selfridges.com
Alexander McQueen Clutch www.selfridges.com
www.next.com
Henry the Hoover www.next.com
www.next.com

Are they clogging up the shelf space? Or should our stylish selves grit our teeth and purchase a lovely maxi length flag dress?
Let's face it, no one pulls off the Union Jack like Made in Chelsea's Ollie Locke.
 So roll out the Bunting and tea cakes because this year it's all about Britain!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I for one love a good old union jack. I have a beach towel from Primark that is just my favorite and I'm planning to get a throw next time I visit the uk.

    Thanks for the sweet comment in my blog!
    Love,
    -Giuliana
    http://www.suededreamsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too! Hence the post! the teapot is my fave! no worries :)

    ReplyDelete

Any comment is greatly appreciated. If you leave your blog link I'll be sure to stop by, thanks guys!