Thursday 26 March 2015

Silver Serum Review



After reading some great reviews about this revolutionary cream I was excited to give it a go and kick my acne's butt once and for all. Word of mouth had already spread about this amazing product meaning it was in high demand and was out of stock for a long time. I had pre ordered it however so had to wait a few impatient weeks before the little package arrived through my letter box. I ordered it from Skin Shop, which is one of the very few places you can purchase this sold out serum. 


The Science of The Silver Serum. 

The cream allegedly uses a special silver ingredient (MicroSilver ™) to banish bad bacteria but all the while helps the good bacteria or "skin flora" ensuring your skins natural goodness is not stripped off which is usually the result of other skin products. It claims to help reduce bacteria related infection and inflammation (redness) of skin conditions. This means it diminishes what is already on the surface of the skin rather than the cause. To tackle the cause you will have to take care of other areas of your lifestyle that might account for your skins condition such as your diet, hormones, lack of hydration/exercise etc. 


You should apply twice a day, morning and night, after cleansing your face and it lasts on the skin for up to 8 hours.

My Skin History.

I have suffered from acne since I was about 15, and have never been without one or two spots on my face, it's rare that it will be completely clear. They can be quite big lumps sometimes, so large that they might not make it to the surface and will protrude under a few layers as a red mass, untreatable and uncoverable. Topical solutions like this one will help the spots on the surface but will not tackle the cause, that's a bigger issue. I always like to try new products however to see what level they can go to to get rid of them.


My Experience of using Silver Serum.

When it arrived, I couldn't wait till bed time so I could start smearing it all over my make up free skin, to wake up the next day spot-free. As you can probably guess, this didn't pan out like I'd planned. 
Being the intolerant soul that I am, I was a bit miffed when I didn't see dramatic results after the first day of wear. The tube does not give much instruction as to how to apply, so I just winged it for a while and applied it probably more than I should of but continued to see no results. After a bit of Googling I discovered it does take a couple of weeks to work, so I persevered. Three to four weeks later I started to see some improvement (pictures below). It initially brought out the blemishes, or rather my skin got substantially worse for a week, but the redness finally started to subside and the bumps got smaller. This only began working as I started to use moisturisers in conjunction with cleansers and make up removers as well as the cream as I felt using the serum alone dried out my skin before applying make up. It is easy and smooth to apply, leaving your skin feeling instantly softer which was nice. I was also intrigued to find that it didn't have much of a scent. Overall, I am pleased with the product and will continue using until the bottle is empty, however being on a beauty budget I don't think I'll be continuing to buy this cream because of its £12.95 price tag.

Progress in Pictures: You can see over the course of 4 weeks the significant improvement to my skin. 


Week 1, Week 2 and Week 4.


So that's my review of the Silver Serum. Everyone has different skin and therefore will have a different experience of this product, so if you can I would recommend trying it out for yourself to see how you get on. I hope this review has helped some of you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi how are you doing now? How is the product workibg for you (if you are still using it)

    I just bough this product and started using it yesterday. However, I noticed that my cysts got even larger. :(((

    ReplyDelete

Any comment is greatly appreciated. If you leave your blog link I'll be sure to stop by, thanks guys!